Perfume With Pheromones - Does a Law of Human Attraction Exist?
"Opposites attract" is a law of attraction, at least where electromagnetism is concerned. But are there laws about attraction between two people? "In a world that is full of strangers" as a line in a famous song of the 1980's goes, is there a clear set of rules that allows two people to fall for each other?
- There is wisdom in knowing yourself: who you are, your beliefs, values, and dreams.
- Don't pretend to be someone you aren't.
- Fooling another person by making him/her think that you share the same values and beliefs is only going to cause you both disappointments.
Does Personality Figure in Sexual Attraction?Yes, but so does your perception of a potential mate's personality. According to a research conducted by Klohnen, E.C., & S. Luo in 2003 on interpersonal attraction and personality, a person's sense of self-security and at least the person's perception of his/her partner were found to be strong determinants of attraction in hypothetical situations.
This, like in the case of insects and other mammals, was to ensure better and healthier characteristics for their future children. But researchers also cautioned that preference for a male odor is affected by the women's ovulation period, the food that men eat, perfumes and other scented body products, and the use of contraceptive pills.
Some scientists believe that animals (usually the females) such as insects and mammals send out these chemical signals to tell the male of their species that their genes are different from theirs. Arkansas tech university is important in producing offspring with better chances of survival.
This could probably account for a statement commonly heard from men and women on their failed relationships: "I thought he/she was this kind of person." This is the counterpart to our previous paragraph on Human Pheromones. Please read that paragraph to get a better understanding to this paragraph.
Has been observed, at least in some experiments, truth pheromones are responsible for communication among same species and colony of ants. The horrible odor released by skunks to ward off enemies is said to be a kind of pheromone. Some species of apes rub pheromone-containing urine on the feet of potential mates to attract them.
So How Does Attraction Figure in Relationships?You have probably heard that attraction is a prelude, or a factor towards a relationship. Most probably, at least in the beginning; but attraction alone cannot make a relationship work. It is that attraction that makes you notice a person from the opposite sex, but once you get to know the person more, attraction is just one consideration. Shared values, dreams, and passions become more significant in long-term relationships.
Attraction a Matter of Chemistry?Maybe. According to scientists, the attraction between animals of the opposite sex is all about chemicals male pheromone. What are the most popular pheromones? in behavior of insects is the most studied to date.
Most scientists would assert that these do not exist, or if they do, do not play a role in sexual attraction between a man and a woman. But new researches such as that conducted by Swiss researchers from the Antioch university seattle led by Klaus Wedekind are slowly making these scientists rethink their stand.
- Lately, scientists are looking into the existence of human pheromones and its role in mate selection.
- There are many conflicting views in the realm of biology, chemistry, genetics, and psychology.
What does this tell us? We prefer a certain personality type, which attracts you to a person. But aside from the actual personality of the person, which can only be verified through close interaction through time, it is your perception of your potential partner that attracts you to him/her, whether the person of your affection truly has that kind of personality or not.
- Their experiment involved women sniffing the cotton shirts of different men during their ovulation period.
- It was found out that women prefer the smell of men's shirts that were genetically different, but also shared similarities with the women's genes.
So Should I Stop Trying to Become Attractive?More than trying to become physically attractive, work on all aspects of your health: physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual. Physical attraction is still a precursor. Remember, biology predisposes us to choose the partner with the healthiest genes.
- The perfume industry has capitalized on pheromones as a means to increase one's sexual attractiveness to the opposite sex.
- Animals such as the whale and the musk deer were hunted down for these chemicals.
- Where your emotions are concerned, just ask this to yourself: would you want to spend time with a person who feels insecure about him/herself?
- Probably not!